Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Dall'Italia con amore

So, recently my two sisters went on a trip to Italy. I guess there were some postings on Bookface (whoch I am not on), but I did get one text, from Norma Jean, and it was goodie.

They visited a Murano glass workshop in Venice, and apparently that particular artisan was a comics fan. Norma Jean didn't tell me which specific place it was they went to, but she did send these pictures:

 Crazy, innit?

Then, today I got a flat in the mail from my sister Linda - it was an autographed print of this:


I was confused at first, becasue I thought it was something from the Murano glass place, but no -- it is from Galleria La Nuova Forma in Lanciano, yet another bed of superhero amore in Italy.

The catalog that accompanied it says this is Serigrafia a 37 passaggi di colore interventi in glitter, foglia oro, foglia argento, floccaggi e passaggio calcografico a secco which Google awkwardly translates to "Screen printing with 37 color passages interventions in glitter, gold leaf, silver leaf, flocking and dry chalcographic passage".

So, to sum up: there are fine art superheroes in Italy and I have great sisters.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment