Sunday, July 5, 2020

Peculiarities Part 4

The continuing (re)imaging of heroes from Madison Comics. Part 1 here. Part 2 here. Part 3 here.


On the lower left is our android entry, The Purple Unicorn. I honestly struggled with where to go with this until I got the idea of a power beam from the forehead, which might give rise to such a monicker. I a little electronic "mane" (antennae?) just seals the deal.

Swooping in overhead is Rainbow. I have always been enamored of the way Bobby Drake - Iceman gets around, so I just wanted to duplicate that with a rainbow instead of ice. It's made of hard light or something. (It also matches a spell I once had playing an Oracle in D&D.)

Standing ominously in lower right is The Red Octopus. When I was a kid during the cold war, the term red octopus had a particularly menacing meaning. I think this guy was just inspired by the pretty sea creature. The tentacles are powered by steampunk-pneumatics.

No comments:

Post a Comment