Monday, June 10, 2013

Craptoon

So, here's a thing I made some years ago. It's an unabashed kiping of one of Greg Howard's Sally Forth comic strips, colorized/uglified by me in some lame program and with the words clumsily altered. Ralph and Sally are transformed into me and my assistant and the dialogue reflects the state of affairs at my job at the time.


That's the way it was at the job, and at the time I wouldn't have had it any other way. It's been a heck of a ride since then, barreling into the instructional side of higher ed and moving from writing center administrator to adjunct faculty to full-time faculty to tenured faculty to dean and now back to teaching faculty. I think I have finally learned to have a better best friend than my desk, and I am looking forward to having this summer off (or at least mostly off), and many summers to follow.

I might even make some of my own comics instead of repurposing newspaper strips.

Bonus: the original strip!



No comments:

Post a Comment